About the H-Net Job Guide
The H-Net Job Guide began over twenty years ago as a service to professionals and institutions in the Humanities and Social Sciences and to support H-Net's broader mission of advancing communications and publishing in new media. H-Net's broad audience includes: graduate students, K-12 teachers, archivists, librarians, interested professionals, the educated general public and many others. Because of our diverse audience we are able to offer a wide range of academic and non-academic job announcements. With over 100,000 page views per week, the H-Net Job Guide is one of H-Net's most visible components.
The Job Guide is free to the job seeker but we do collect a fee of $225 (US dollars) from the job poster. This fee helps us to continue to maintain and improve the H-Net Job Guide. However, as H-Net considers the Job Guide a service to the academic community we do grant fee waivers (see the Job Guide Policy page for more information) on a case-by-case basis to those institutions and NPOs genuinely unable to make payment.
For more information about H-Net please see the About H-Net page.
For information on the Job Guide's privacy and posting policies, see the Job Guide Policy page.
Why you should use the H-Net Job Guide:
- You are supporting H-Net's nonprofit services to the academic community.
- The service is free to the job seeker.
- Users can fully search and sort posts quickly and accurately.
- Organizations may display full color logos with their announcement.
- Organizations using the Featured Announcement option have their notice prominently displayed on the Job Guide's main pages and distributed via H-Net's social media channels.
- Payment may be made by credit card or check.
- There is no word limit on announcements
- Announcements can include multiple vacancies for the same price.
- There is a 15% discount for ad agencies.